Hearing Aids Cost & Payment Plans in Nanaimo
How Much Do Hearing Aids Cost?
The prices for specific hearing aids will depend on what style, level of technology, brand, and model that you wind up choosing, so the price can vary quite a bit.
We always advise our clients to come for a hearing test, so we can determine the nature and severity of your hearing loss. We will recommend the best range of hearing aid models that would help you the best, along with quotes for each one. That way you get a more accurate price range, and you can choose what works best for your budget.
We also offer occasional specials and discounts on certain hearing aid models, and certain programs that alleviate some financial pressure on you. In addition to our free one week hearing aid demo and our 60 day return policy, we also offer payment plans.
Do You Offer a Hearing Aid Payment Plan?
Financing options are available
Are There Government Programs that Assist People with Hearing Problems?
Inquire about hearing aid payment plans
Hearing Aids Styles
Price & Payment Plan
Hearing aids are not covered by the Medical Services Plan in British Columbia. However, some individuals may be eligible for funding or financial assistance:
- You are on income assistance (Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction).
- You are attending school and are looking for part-time employment or summer employment.
- You are looking for employment or retraining.
- You are at imminent risk for losing your job due to your hearing loss.
- Your hearing loss may have resulted from hazardous occupational noise exposure.
- You are a veteran or RCMP officer or a spouse of one.
- You have First Nations Status.
Do You Accept Private Insurance Coverage?
If you receive benefits, it may include coverage for hearing aids. You can also purchase your own insurance coverage through a company like Pacific Blue Cross, which includes the following coverage for hearing aids and other medical services:
- For the first 24 months of the plan, $1,200 per person per year.
- For 25-48 months of the plan, $2,500 per person per year.
- For 49 months and over of the plan, $5,000 per person per year.
IThere may also be various community and private groups that provide assistance to people who are in need of hearing aids, but cannot afford them. You can reach out to the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association – BC Chapter for guidance.